Τι είναι το PWMN (Patras Wireless Metropolitan Network)

Ένα forum για τους νέους χρήστες
korkakak
AMD Athlon
PWMN Wind Node ID: 87

Τι είναι το PWMN (Patras Wireless Metropolitan Network)

Post by korkakak »

Το PWMN είναι ένα ασύρματο δίκτυο που έχει έδρα την πάτρα. Προσφέρει ευρυζωνικές υπηρεσίες σεβόμενο πάντα τις διατάξεις για ασφαλείς τηλεπικοινωνίες όπως αυτές ορίζονται απο την ΕΕΤΤ. Διασυνδέει αρκετούς χρήστες από αρκετές περιοχές της πάτρας.

Το PWMN αυτό που προσφέρει στους τελικούς χρήστες είναι υποδομή για ασύρματο intranet. ΔΕΝ παρέχει internet σαν ISP αν και κάποιοι χρήστες προσφέρουν proxy προς το internet.

Τα protocols που χρησιμοποιούνται είναι τα 802.11a/802.11b.
Last edited by korkakak on Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin van-guarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition.

ΠΡΟΣΦΕΡΕΤΕ ΕΝΕΡΓΑ ΣΤΗΝ ΚΟΙΝΟΤΗΤΑ! ΕΜΠΛΟΥΤΙΣΤΕ ΤΟ wiki

:arrow: my blog

mahmoh
PWMN Wind Node ID: 0

What is the Hardware that is required for the connection

Post by mahmoh »

Dear Friends ...
My name is Maher, I met a few of you at the Pixel Show Lan Party 2007 a few days ago. I find your work quite nice and so I want to know what type of hardware I need, and how much is going to cost.

korkakak
AMD Athlon
PWMN Wind Node ID: 87

Re: What is the Hardware that is required for the connection

Post by korkakak »

mahmoh wrote:Dear Friends ...
My name is Maher, I met a few of you at the Pixel Show Lan Party 2007 a few days ago. I find your work quite nice and so I want to know what type of hardware I need, and how much is going to cost.
Dear friend maher.

I am replying in order to inform you about your query.

The hardware depends on the setup. You may become a backbone node or an AP client.

If you want to become a backbone node you need 2x 802.11a antennas [arount 50E each] 2 wireless cards + pigtails [around 30E each] an old pc [p3 class or better suggested] and some building equipment. this usually goes up to 300E if you have your own pc or around 350-400E if you don't. transfer speeds are up to 7Mbyte/s with two 802.11a interfaces

In order to become a client you need an 802.11b antenna some wifi router pigtails plus accessories plus building materials . I guess around 150E should be enough but may vary. Transfer speeds here are up to 700kbyte/s depending on the access point traffic [usually much less]

Your next step is to pin point your location over the patras area with our wind application [ http://wind.wspn.gr:81 ] in order to check out your connectivity with the existing infastructure and to guide you further despite your choice becoming backbone node or client node.

Lucky you! You went to pixelshow :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :-( :roll:

for any further assistance we may continue this conversation here [scripta manen so new users may benefit from this] or you may contact us directly through irc protocol @ irc.wspn.gr port 6667 [standard] or port 6697 [ssl secure] in channel #room.

Nikos
Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin van-guarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition.

ΠΡΟΣΦΕΡΕΤΕ ΕΝΕΡΓΑ ΣΤΗΝ ΚΟΙΝΟΤΗΤΑ! ΕΜΠΛΟΥΤΙΣΤΕ ΤΟ wiki

:arrow: my blog